I'm a researcher at the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences. I work on quantum information
theory, complex systems, and programming languages.
Quantum Computing Thematic Track organized as a part of International Conference on Computational Science, July 3 - 5, 2023, Prague, Czech Republic.
The First International Workshop on the Art, Science, and Engineering of Quantum Programming, part of ‹Programming› 2023, Mon 13 - Fri 17 March 2023, Tokyo, Japan.
9th International Conference on Mathematics and Computing (ICMC), 6-8 January, 2023, Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, India.
See also past events.
See also full list of my publications including and info about my book High-level Structures for Quantum Computing. There are also
some talks I gave and some of my notes and reports in Polish.
Introduction to machine learning (in Polish) - Podstawy Uczenia Maszynowego (PUMA), Department of Applied Mathematics, Silesian University of Technology, 2019/2020, 2020/2021 and 2021/2022.
Tutorial: Introduction to quantum programming, Machine Learning meets Quantum Computation. April 26-28, 2018, Kraków, Poland.
Nature Inspired Computing (in Polish), Department of Applied Mathematics, Silesian University of Technology, 2015-2017.
Akash Kundu, 2020-
Ludmila Botelho, 2020-
Adam Glos, 2017-2021, PhD thesis Application of graph theory in quantum computer science defended summa cum laude, 15/09/2021.
Mateusz Ostaszewski, 2018-2020, PhD thesis Application on machine learning in quantum computer science defended summa cum laude, 28/05/2020. Currently: Postdoctoral Researcher at Warsaw University of Technology.
Przemysław Sadowski, 2012-2017, PhD thesis Quantum walks: various models and their algorithmic applications defended summa cum laude, 10/05/2017. Currently: Senior Analytics Developer at SenseOn.
- Supervisor in Analysis and application of quantum spatial search – reserch project funded by the Polish National Science Centre under the ETIUDA call, 01.10.2019 - 01.10.2020
MC Member of COST Action CA15220 Quantum Technologies in Space – European Cooperation in Science and Technology action, 20.10.2016 - 19.10.2020.
Participant in the project Semantic tensor networks for large data sets analysis – research project funded by the Polish National Science Centre under the OPUS call, 30.09.2015 - 29.03.2019
PI in Methods of development, modelling and analysis of quantum internetworking protocols
– research project funded by the Polish National Science Centre under the SONATA call, 03.09.2012 - 02.09.2017.
PI in Application of quantum and classical memory in quantum network exploration
– research project funded by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education under Iuventus Plus programme, 24.02.2015 - 23.02.2017.
Advisor in the project
Minimization of disturbance in quantum walk based algorithms and protocols
– research project funded by the Polish National Science Centre under the PRELUDIUM call, 15.07.2014 - 14.07.2017.
PI in the project Application of geometrical methods for the analysis of quantum states and operations
– research project funded by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, 30.03.2012 - 29.03.2014.
PI in the project Application of quantum game theory in modelling of quantum information transmission
– research project funded by the Polish National Science Center, 20.04.2011 - 19.04.2013.
PI in the project Analysis and modelling of local properties of quantum states and operations
– research project funded by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education, 24.05.2011 - 23.05.2012.
RandFile package for Mathematica which allows the
exploitation of local files as sources of random data.
TRQS package for Mathematica for using true random numbers.
QI package for Mathematica,
which implements number of functions used in the analysis of quantum states.
IntU package for
Mathematica for integrating over U(n) with respect to the Haar measure.
GNU/PolSl lectures organized in 2007 (in Polish).
- Wieze Hanoi (Towers of Hanoi) game for mobiles I wrote in Java in 2002.
Source code and project report (in Polish).
Diary and photos from Turkey tour 2005 trip around Turkey.
- Package quantum-octave for GNU Octave and Matlab.
For some time (2006-2011) I was an editor for the Open Directory Project (dmoz.org).
From 2016 to 2018 I served as a managing editor for Theoretical and Applied Informatics,
open access journal publishing results in the full scope of computer science.
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
– Friedrich Nietzsche
© 2005-2022 J.A. Miszczak
Last modification: 05/02/2023